This has got to be my laziest trip to Jaipur, ever! Apart from my classes everyday & going over to my friend’s for dinner last night, I haven’t done anything! I’m blaming it on the weather… it’s too hot in the afternoon to go anywhere.
Though today this is how it was outside when I got done with lunch… cloudy, breezy & a light drizzle…
And when I woke up from my nap (it’s summer in India… you have to nap right?) it was warm & still all over again!
Anyway, I thought I’d make myself useful & write in a post sharing a recipe for a dish I had cooked over a month ago. As you will notice after reading the ingredients, this was before my diet days!
- 450 gm Chicken Breast
- 1 large Onion (finely sliced)
- 7-8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ Carrot (chopped)
- 6 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 150 gm Corn Kernels (boiled)
- 1 small head Broccoli (florets)
- ½ each green, yellow & red Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 200 ml fresh Cream
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- 200 gm Cheese (grated)
- Bread crumbs
- Dried Oregano, Celery Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Make diagonal slashes on the chicken & rub in minced garlic, pepper, oregano & celery salt.
- In an oven-safe pan heat a tablespoon of Olive Oil & sear the chicken quickly both sides till brown & keep aside.
- In the same pan sauté the onion till soft & pink.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, broccoli & bell peppers & cook for a few minutes.
- Place the chicken on the veggies, drizzle olive oil generously, cover pan with foil & roast in the oven for about 35 minutes at 200 C.
- Remove the chicken from the pan & cut into slivers.
- To the veggies add cream, milk, basil, corn, salt, pepper, 150 gm cheese.
- Cook till the sauce thickens
- Pour over the chicken slivers.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs, 50 gm cheese & basil over it & bake for 20 – 25 minutes till the cheese melts & the crumbs turn golden.
Serve hot with a side of mashed potatoes.
This is one of those “comfort” dishes… mild, gentle flavours but rich enough to make you feel all warm & gooey & totally content 🙂
This recipe serves 4 people.